yeah, you included.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Countdown to Vegas: 7 days

I'm going to Vegas in 7 days. Three of my friends from high school and I will be spending a weekend in "Sin City" to celebrate the year that we all turn 30.
Some of our plans include:
* Seeing Cirque du Soleil!
* Eating a fancy meal!
* Eating a buffet-style meal!
* My 2nd trip to a SPA!
* Going to see the fancy-ass stage show, Jubilee!, complete with a cast of hundreds and headdresses!
* Dancing at a trendy club.
* Not gambling very much!

But, before I go party my twenties away, I have to audition for the extension program at Mannes School of Music. I have convinced the director and assistant director of this program to open their minds and their school to me and my theremin. If accepted, I will be a classical theremin major and I will begin my studies as soon as I get back from Vegas.

I can't help but view this trip to Vegas as a real ending to my 20's. I don't actually turn 30 until April 22nd, but 30 years ago on January 22nd, my babymomma was beginning her 3rd trimester, so I was a little girl already fo sho.

My feelings on the matter are as follows:

I'M SO GLAD MY 20's ARE OVER!!

I spent my 20's trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. It took me 10 years to figure this out. If I hadn't fallen on my face so many times, humiliating myself and those around me, I would never have figured what I want to do: play an impossibly obscure instrument and attempt to do so in a way that may bring me great scrutiny from real-time musicians!

It is only because I have failed doing several other things during my 20's that I am able to venture forth into unknown territory without fear.

So please keep me in your thoughts on Tuesday as I audition for this music school. If accepted, I will be a pioneer in my currently non-existent field of study.

If I am denied, well then, I'll just begin my 30's on my actual birthday, April 22nd, 2007.

Oh! And if anyone has been to Vegas lately and has any itinerary suggestions, please let me know!


Happy Birthday, weirdo.

1 Comments:

Blogger HarperHogwarts said...

YOU ARE SO CUTE!!!!!

January 15, 2007 8:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home