yeah, you included.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thanks, Christmas!

The good news is: I will be back in NY on Friday.

The better news is: I have had a vastly fulfilling experience in Atlanta!

I really won this year in the Christmas present category.

Yes, I'm bragging. I am fantastically blessed.

For Christmas, I asked for some "help" from my parents because I am going to Vegas with 3 of my high school friends. What I got was:

1.) Plenty of "help."

We all know what this means. I usually HATE to ask for help and consider it bad luck. This time, it was different. I've been home for almost a month and during my time here, I have been working almost constantly. The errands I run for my parents are similar to the errands I ran at the Palace of Employment. I return items to department stores. I get supplies (groceries). Instead of filing, I've been scanning and archiving 30+ years of photos. Instead of putting together an office cocktail party, I threw a Holiday party for my mom AND did most of the cooking. I tolerated living in my parents house for approximately four weeks - a walk in the park in comparison to what I put up with from some of my former co-workers on a bad day. Also, I'm a much better employee here than I was at the Palace because I spend much less time idly surfing the internet.

2.) My Holiday Bonus: A new theremin.

3.) And, last but not least, from my best friend and her husband, I got:



A Goddaughter: Lucy Ann (in pink).


This year is already trumps last year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eliza said...

Hooray!
Death to 2006 - Viva la 2007!!

January 04, 2007 1:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home