yeah, you included.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ginsberg

Doing some research for a larger piece I've been thinking about writing, I finally emailed the Allen Ginsberg Trust to find out if they new anything more about my apartment other than that what's written on the plaque outside my building.

For those of you who aren't "in the know" about current living situation (ie, you are OUTTA THE LOOP MY FRIEND), I'm fortunate to live in an east village apartment that was inhabited by Allen Ginsberg from 1958 until 1961. He wrote the poem, "Kaddish," while living here.

I got an email response less than an hour later in which he included a pdf file from the book "Bill Morgan's Beat NYC Walking Tour." Here's what it says:







I don't know if it's illegal or not to have posted that. Let me know if it is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about the legality, but I might worry about stalkers. Maybe you should "scratch out" the address?

June 21, 2007 12:05 PM

 
Blogger Hammy said...

Check! Thanks~

June 21, 2007 5:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home