yeah, you included.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Calendar for Sunday, November 12th

Okay, I've decided that the calendar events are all going to be tentative unless
a.) I have tickets for something
b.)I have planned to meet someone else at the event

Because sometimes unexpected things happen or the line is WAY too long for the Bodies Exhibit at the South Street Seaport (What was I thinking? It's Saturday.)

Today, I went to The Lower East Side Tenement Museum and South Street Seaport. Both were much too crowded for my liking. My liking prefers to view museums in private and is fully aware of the sheer impossibility of that idea.

One exhibit that was not crowded was The Fulton Street Fish Market Anniversary Art Show.
The fishmongers headed up to the bronx a year ago, but artist Naima Rauaum is keeping their spirit alive with an exhibit of oil paintings detailing Fulton's pungent heyday. Today, Rauaum and guide Jack Putnam offer tours, short films and readings relating to the departed market. - Time Out New York

I saw many photographs and paintings of these so-called fishmongers. And, indeed, Rauaum was there to greet me as I walked in the door while Jack Putnam was doing some of his readings - just like the blurb said! The photos were pretty much what you'd expect from a exhibit illustrating the heyday of the Fulton Street Fish Market - Fish. . . Fishmongers . .
My favorite detail of the exhibit was the lingering scent of the fish in the gallery, as if the slimy ghosts of fishmas past swam in from their watery heaven to haunt the anniversary of the Fulton Street Market.

Tonight at 8pm, I am going to Union Hall in Park Slope to hear some bands: Say Hi To Your Mom, Martin Carr, and The Jealous Girlfriends. I don't have tickets, so if you're reading this and have a better idea of what I should do tonight, please let me know.

For Sunday, November 12th, my day looks a little like this:

Noon to 3pm - ArtBots: The Robot Talent Show
A highlight of the 2006 Science + Art Festival, this free-form exhibit of artistic machinery includes Brett Doar's drawing automation Robozoic and The League of Electronic Musical Urban Robot's Ill-Tempered Clangier - Time Out New York

4pm to 5:30 pm: Dance Dance Party Party

6pm (tentative)- Beatboxer Entertainment presents:

The Hip Hop Subway Series

The hip hop subway series starts off at the back of the F train at
the 2nd Avenue station to the last stop at Jamaica 179. All vocalists
and percussionists are invited to take part in the hottest hip hop
jam session in NYC. Human beatboxers, MCs, B-Boys, singers, spoken
word artists, dancers, and more make up the hottest hip hop subway
party.

We hope you spread this email to all your friends. I hope to see all
my old friends and new ones join in. I am looking forward to some
good old fashion hip hop jam session with some of NYC's hottest hip
hop artists. No drums or kazoos or small portable amps. Pleased do
not bring drums; there are enough things on the subway you can use to
provide a beat.

Meet up on back of F train platform in 2nd Avenue station
Houston and 2nd Avenue, Manhattan
6p; $free
http://www.beatboxerent.net

8pm - The Blood Brothers, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Celebration, Brothers and Sisters - Show at Irving Plaza. If anyone wants to go with me, make sure you get tickets before you go.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home