yeah, you included.

Monday, November 08, 2004

[]6'

Rescue Excursion: Sheepshead Bay

November 2, 2004


I exited the B train at Sheepshead Bay Rd. holding a small, tan animal carrier with the name "Ludlow" written on masking tape on the top.

As I stepped on to the platform, a young lady approached me excitiedly and tried to get a glimpse inside the carrier.

"What is in there?"

She had an accent. I immediately jumped to the conclusion that Sheepshead Bay was a community populated by Eastern Europeans. This assumption was based on the fact that I know that there is a Russian Community in Coney Island and some Bulgarian youngsters came into the restaurant where I work and told me they lived in Brighton Beach. So, in my head, I simply inverted and rotated a map of Eastern Europe and Russia to fit the Brooklyn shore!
So, Sheepshead Bay is most likely . . .Albanian! Score.

"There's nothing in there now, but I'm going to get a kitten." I said.

"A what?

"A little cat. A kitten."

She still didn't understand.

"A cat. Meow Meow!"

Apparently make the same sound in Albania because she instantly recognized the noise and was delighted at my venture.

"Good Luck!" She said as we left the station.

"Thanks!"

I tweaked this photo of a street in Sheepshead Bay to look like an album cover for an imaginary Albanian-American alternative band called Bill Brown Sq.

The second of November in the year of our Lord and Saviour, Two-Thousand Four is an abstract and ominous day in history.

This photo that I took of a picturesque Catholic steeple against a cloudy blue sky looks almost Apocalyptic, doesn't it? Crazy.

Anyway, I found my way to the address I was looking for and a lovely Albanian-American woman named Marlene beckoned me inside. Perhaps she was wary of the dark energy that was beginning to o'ershadow the earth. Who knows what would have become of me had I been kidnapped by the depressing shade of death that was working as a force to block the vital rays of the sun!

Thankfully, Marlene knew a little more English that the other Eastern European that I had met in the neighborhood.

Inside this safe house, I was given viles of elixers and tonics that would revitalize my soul and protect me from the end, perhaps though karma, by helping another suffering spirit.


This is Professor. We're in this together. He typed the title for this entry!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home